Fully insured, certified, regulated, professional team
1. Our estimates are produced with as much detail as possible to avoid any misunderstandings. If something is missing that you would like included, please let us know and we will revise the estimate accordingly. Any additional works found necessary are to be agreed with the client and a separate revised or extra contract estimation provided.
2. Working Arrangements: All prices estimated are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours (8 am – 4 pm Mon – Fri), unless otherwise agreed. Weekend working can be arranged if deemed necessary.
3. Both Contractor and client to agree practical arrangements on working methods that provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
4. Free access is required for delivery of building materials, plant, machinery and skips etc.
5. All building and other materials provided by the main contractor or their sub-contractors remain the property of Larjj Enterprises Limited until full and final payment is received via Bank Transfer, cleared cheque or cash (see item 9).
6. Access to and collection of used or unused building materials, equipment and plant etc. remains in place until full and cleared final payment is received.
7. Accepting a quotation, either verbally or in writing, and agreeing to the commencement of works will allow these terms and conditions to come into effect.
8. The main contractor being ‘Larjj Enterprises Limited’ may employ both direct and sub-contract labour to work on site. Each individual contractor takes full responsibility for their own third party liability. The main contractor will oversee all works to completion and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client (see article ‘9’).
9. A ‘contract’ with Larjj Enterprises Limited is an agreement by the client to have work undertaken based on a written Estimate headed ‘Estimate’ submitted directly to the client on an official Larjj Enterprises Limited letterhead and is a clear and straightforward undertaking between the two parties (Larjj Enterprises Limited & client) to form a contract. An informal verbal estimate, verbal or written price guide received by the client (or any other document other than an official ‘Estimate’ on a Larjj Enterprises Limited letterhead) in this context does not amount to the formation of a contract.
10. Payment can be made via Bank Transfer, by cheque or in cash and a receipt for payment will be given. Please make all payments by cheque payable to ‘Larjj Enterprises Limited’ or Bank Transfer details on Invoice. Payment in full is due upon completion of the contract and presentation of the associated invoice. Part payments, interim payments and deposits may be agreed prior to commencement of works or during the contract duration. A down payment is not usually required however arrangements may be made for a down payment in respect of the acquisition of bespoke or high value materials.
11. Insurance – Public Liability and Employer’s Liability: Public Liability Insurance is provided up to the sum of £10,000,000 and Employer’s Liability up to the sum of £10,000,000. All usual general building practices are covered within our insurance policy.
12. All client information is retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and all personal and other client details will remain confidential.
13. In the event of unforeseen difficulties arising, or any other circumstantial changes, the quotation price or estimated cost may be revised to reflect the situation at hand.
14. Our guarantee covers all new work and new materials used in construction or repairs, but does not guarantee the integrity of any existing structures, materials or decorations. In the event of a failure beyond the guarantee period we will be happy to investigate the cause and negotiate a solution to the problem without delay and carry out any agreed repairs as soon as possible. Charges may apply for remedial work carried out beyond guarantee dates or to items not covered by our guarantee. Decorations are signed off on completion and not covered by guarantee.
15. No responsibility is taken by ourselves for the presence of perished or rotten timber (or any other perished or rotten materials) in existing structures such as doors, windows and frames whether detected or undetected at the time of contract.
16. Extras will only be undertaken further to both full discussion with the client, and, verbal or written agreement, and charged at the agreed rate.
17. Protection of existing surfaces (floors, carpets, curtains, doors and furniture etc.) Whilst we endeavour to protect existing surfaces with the use of dust sheets and loose plastic sheeting etc. along with care in our working practice, responsibility for protection from damage of any existing surface or fabrics etc. is the responsibility of the client. Arrangement can be made to put in place protection of existing surfaces, over and above our basic cover, at a negotiated additional cost.
18. Discounts and retentions: Prices are based on the understanding that no retentions are held unless previously arranged and authorised. No Main Contractor or Sub Contractor discounts are given unless agreed and confirmed in writing.
19. Goods: Specified materials or products that have to be returned for alternatives once they have been delivered to the client or our warehouse may be subject to a restocking fee.
20. We will endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always attempt to bring the building works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions and availability of specialist materials and unforeseen circumstances etc.
GREEN SKY CONTRACT SERVICES LTD
Unit 1, The Dutch Barn,
Draycot Foliat, Chiseldon,
Wiltshire, SN4 0HX